To know the latest news on Covid19 in our department, click here.
Morzine is ready and waiting to welcome youWe want to experience the joys of the mountains, of freedom and nature, but we want to feel safe while we do so. The mountains offer an incredible natural playground, and with the vast space of the Portes du Soleil spread out across 600km of skiing, there is plenty of space for everyone to feel at ease as they enjoy the fresh air. We’re taking safety seriously and are busy working on what is needed to ensure you can relax and enjoy time in Morzine.
Strict hygiene measures will be in place, activities have been specially adapted, but the same fresh open spaces will be available to enjoy in safety. Whether you’re at the lifts, Tourist Office, your accommodation, local transport, or our shops and restaurants you’ll be expected to wear a mask, will find hand sanitizer available, as well as the now ubiquitous reminders to wash your hands! We take your safety seriously and are putting all the necessary measures into place.
Mask-wearing is obligatory in all enclosed spaces.
Hand sanitiser is available.
Contact areas are regularly and thoroughly disinfected.
Distancing instructions are in place
The health pass and your holidayFollowing President Macron’s announcement on the 12th of July the health passport will be needed in many situations in France this summer for everyone aged 18 or older.
This pass is your proof of vaccination (The EU vaccination certificate - a UK NHS certificate can be integrated into the French Tous Anti Covid app) or a recent (under 48 hours) negative test, or proof of having had Covid-19 in the previous 6 months.
As of the 21st of July it is necessary to enter all leisure and cultural areas with over 50 people, which includes the pool and sports center (Palais des Sports) with the ice rink.
As of the 9th of August a health passport will be needed to enter all cafés, bars and restaurants throughout France, as well as shopping centres, hospitals and any long distance public transport. However the pass is not needed for the free buses in the village or the lifts.The exact details of this law will be confirmed on the 5th of August.
As of the 30th of August this will apply to everyone 12 and over.
The pass is also necessary for events and races of more than 50 people, so will apply to the Trail des Hauts Forts and the Spartan Race. Participants will need to show the pass when picking up their race pack. More information for the Trail is available here.
The rules may evolve over the coming weeks and we will update this information regularly as the situation evolves.
More information can be found here.
The Morzine Tourist Office
Sanitary measures at the Tourist Office
- Information on sanitary measures is available at the tourist office. Wearing a mask is compulsory inside the tourist office.
- Important information (emergency numbers, weather forecast, lift openings, current events and activities) will be visible from outside the TO and various brochures will be downloadable by QR-codes (hiking guide, trail maps, restaurant guides, road bike guide, mountain bike guide…)
- Plexiglass windows at the Tourist Office front desk and in the Morzine Reservation office.
- One way plan and signs in the building.
- Floor marking to respect social distance in front of the welcome desk.
- Hand sanitiser gel at the entrance of the building (automatic terminal) and automatic hand disinfection station also available during the activities organised by the tourist office.
- Masks available on request at the front desk.
- Main door locked in the open position so that you don't have to touch it.
-Pratical guides in self-service with the "brochure touched, brochure taken away" principle. Other brochures will be distributed only at the front desk by the Tourist Office staff who regularly disinfect their hands.
- Removal of the self-service internet area (WIFI remains available outside, on the square in front of the Tourist Office).
- Total closure of the children's area.
- Elimination of certain seats on benches located inside the building in order to respect social distance.
Accommodation and booking
Risk free reservations
Morzine Réservation will refund all sums paid by the customer (excluding reservation fee) in the event of cancellation requested by the customer in the following cases :
- Travel restrictions
- Quarantine imposed in your town or country
These measures have to be in effect at the moment of your stay.
Official proof will be required for any request for refund.
In all other cases, the general cancellation conditions will apply.
To insure against further personal eventualities, Morzine Réservation has adapted special cancellation policies taking into account the Covid-19 pandemic, so that you can book your holiday with complete peace of mind. Full details are available here or call us on +33(0)4 50 79 11 57.
In addition, in the event of personal problems related to COVID-19, you have the option of subscribing to our optional cancellation / assistance / repatriation insurance (4% of the amount of the stay) which covers the following cases *:
- You are in quarantine because you are COVID-19 positive.
- You have COVID-19 and cannot travel after confirmation from your doctor.
- One of your relatives is seriously ill (hospitalization / death).
- Denied boarding due to temperature control.
* Refunds under the conditions of the cancellation insurance.
Please note that some activities usually available in the season may be canceled or limited by administrative decision. This does not constitute a reason for compensation or cancellation without charge.
To help us fight covid, please download the french anti-covid app