Autumn harvest in the forest
Autumn is coming and settling in our beautiful region of Haute Savoie, the Aulps valley is taking on the colours of a cameo of oranges. This is the opportunity for you to take advantage of your hikes to admire this transition that Mother Nature is sharing with us. Take out your Opinel n°8 which is well sharpened and you are ready to pick up mushrooms. The season has started at the beginning of September, so you don't need to go far into the forest to find what you are looking for. Before you leave, we strongly advise you to check that it is not a hunting day. To ensure that the cohabitation between hunters and gatherers goes as smoothly as ever, you will find all the necessary information on www.chasseco.fr and on the Chasseco application. As a general rule, hunting days in Morzine are Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. But check before you leave, you can never be too careful.
During your search, amanita, we avoid and turn to chanterelles, boletus, ceps, morels, hawks and many others are out. A mushroom outing needs to be prepared. You need a basket or a backpack, various reusable plastic bags or cloth bags. This will allow you to separate your harvest so as not to mix the mushrooms, because beware, if one of them is poisonous and therefore not edible, it can contaminate the other mushrooms even if they are not originally poisonous. Once your outing is over, you can have them checked by presenting them to the pharmacy. You can find them by clicking here. Once your harvest is validated, all you have to do is prepare it in the kitchen to share a moment around local products.
If you have no idea how to prepare your harvest, and change from the rather classic omelette, we share with you below one of our favourite recipes. A nice meeting between tartiflette and fresh mushrooms. You take the concept of the croziflette with our local pasta, the buckwheat crozets. The preparation time is 20 minutes and the cooking time 30 minutes, i.e. a total of 50 minutes for a dish to share with a good bottle of white wine and a salad.
Here are the ingredients you will need:- 500 g crozets here with chanterelles
- 300 g smoked bacon
- 40 g dried mushrooms, here ceps
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 reblochon cheese
- 20 cl of liquid cream
Preparation:1. Cook the crozets in boiling water for 10 minutes then drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, rehydrate the mushrooms with the white wine in a bowl for 10 minutes.
3. At the same time, fry the bacon and chopped onion in a pan. Add the mushrooms and wine and fry for another 5 minutes on a low heat. Add pepper and a little grated nutmeg.
4. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
5. Pour the bacon-mushroom-onion mixture over the crozets and stir gently.
6. Pour into ramekins or a casserole dish.
7. Drizzle with cream, place slices of Reblochon cheese on top of the crozets and bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese has melted and toasted. If necessary, cook a little longer.
8. Served with a simple green salad, it will be a delight...