Every summer, many mountain bikers come to Morzine to enjoy an exceptionnal playground. Nestled in the heart of the Portes du Soleil, the biggest MTB resort in Europe, our bike park and its various tracks offer many possibilities to those who pratice MTB, at different levels.
Morzine Bike ParkFrom Friday, June 3 for the weekend, then continuously from June 17, the Morzine ski lifts will be open and can therefore take you to the starting point of different trails.
From the Pléney and Super Morzine lifts, you can access black, red, blue or green tracks. By going to the Super Morzine sector, you can ride till Avoriaz or even extend your journey to Switzerland. In total, there are more than 600km of tracks in the Portes du Soleil area: there is something for everyone!
For beginners or young mountain riders who would like to try their hand on rather calm and accessible tracks, we can suggest you to ride on blue slopes such as Cap Canaveral or Piste d'Atray. On the other hand, for riders looking for speed and thrill, tracks like the Noire de Morzine ou Da Trail will meet your expectations.
A few tips for mountain bike beginnersIf you have never ridden a mountain bike before, but you are tempted by the experience this summer, here are some tips that could help you and make your ride more enjoyable.
First, make sure you are well equipped. Here are the essentials for a MTB outing :
- Some water (a simple bottle or a hydratation bag, which is lighter and more practical)
- Sunglasses (opt for a sporty model which will stay in place on your despite the bumps)
- Gloves (to protect you hand from potential blisters due to friction and heat)
- MTB helmet + kneepad type protections
- A light and comfortable outfit, to be accorded to forecast weather
How to choose the right bikeTo ride with a model that suits you, it is best to contact a professional in a sports store who will be able to guide and advise you on the choice of range. Because depending on your level and your expectations, the bike won't be the same.
- Cross-country : the lightest mountain bikes for better uphill performances and to achieve your best times,
- Enduro : bikes designed primarily for downhill,
- Trail : versatile bikes for riding in the forest and on steep terrain
- All mountain : bikes made for mountain outings, with a good performance downhill and uphill
- Downhill : as the name suggests, the bikes in this rande are made for downhill and easily withstad the repeated shocks of the terrain that you may encounter in the resort.
Ride in good company with a mountain bike instructorTo discover mountain biking or progress, you can ride alongside a qualified instructor who will be able to guide and advise you, whatever your age.
Family outings, private lessons, day courses... Do not hesitate to find out about the various services offered by mountain biking schools and instructors.
Is the physical effort a hindrance for you? Are you looking for a new way to explore the territory? Opt for electric bikes!Morzine and the Portes du Soleil offer an endless playground. More than 500km of marked routes, maps and a dedicated "Portes du Soleil Summer" app, bikes for hire in all the shops of the resort, charging stations throughout the area, available instructors... Electric bike is an attractive activity, accessible to all and which allows you to explore the mountain hike from another angle.