Over the years, the Portes du Soleil have become a benchmark for mountain bikers throughout the world.
For descent, cross-country or cross-country mountain biking, everyone appreciates the know-how and the infrastructures that have made this place a real heaven for mountain bikers. Les Portes du Soleil Key features :
• 22 lifts
• More than 600 km of slopes
• 12 connected resorts
• A 80km Enduro lpa
• 50 downhill slopes
• 25 MTB schools and guiding services
• 25 hire and sale shops
Morzine's central position means you can frewheel down to the village from most of the Portes du Soleil lifts. You'll also find specialist shops and a professional team to serve and advise you - as well as a convivial "après" aperitif.
The Morzine-Avoriaz MTB area
Halfway between Mont-Blanc and Lake Geneva, Morzine-Avoriaz is in the heart of the Portes du Soleil, one of the largest mountain biking areas in the world. In the 1990s, Morzine was one of the first resorts to rethink its winter ski area as an MTB summer area (opening of the Pléney downhill slope in 1996). In summer, 22 ski lifts are equipped for the transport of MTB to reach the summits between France and Switzerland. Hit the slopes, hike or just relax… All mountain bikers can find a path or trail that matches their level. The central position of Morzine makes it possible to reach the village by gravity from most of the Portes du Soleil ski lifts. Here, we find a real MTB culture with an adapted infrastructure, specialized stores and a friendly “après-MTB”.
Mountain biking in Morzine-Avoriaz offers :
• Black, red, blue and green runs accessible from the Pléney gondola and the Super Morzine gondola;
• Specific signage on the tracks and trails, to easily find the mountain bike routes;
• New routes to improve the link between Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Lindarets, in the Super Morzine, Zore and Col de Joux Verte sectors; plus new links betiween Morzine and Les Gets.